“Faith Without Works is Dead” (James 3:17)
Faith does not make things easy, just possible. When you pray, move your feet. “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and he delights in His way” (Psalms 37:23). The size of a mustard seed is very tiny and yet it can produce a big plant. The word of God teaches that all we need is faith the size of a mustard seed.
Your problem will be large or small according to whether your thinking is large or small. I have learned that all my problems, which I call challenges, will either stop me, stress me or stretch me according to the size of my thinking and faith. Each time that I have been stretched to go beyond my comfort zone, God was there. Each time I was stretched, I tapped into my power of creative problemsolving, my flexibility, my sense of humour, my intelligence, my ability to let go, my inner strength and, yes, stretched to give, be, and do more than I ever knew was possible.
Once you have been stretched to a new level of faith, vision and endurance, you cannot go back to old thinking. Stretching your faith and using mental muscles to move mountains will allow you to be the head and not the tail of your circumstances. Life’s circumstances may be pressing you right now: are you going to allow your challenges to stop you, stress you or stretch you? “Without faith, nothing is possible; with it, anything is possible”. In Mark, Jesus said: “With people it is impossible, but with God all things are possible” (10:27).
“Fear thou not, for I am with thee. Be not dismayed, for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee, yea, I will help thee, yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded; they shall be as nothing, and they that strive with thee shall perish” (Isaiah 4:10-14). “Thou shalt seek them, and shall not find them, even them that contended with thee, they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, ‘Fear not, I will help thee.’” The Lord Almighty will greatly do everything for us if only we have faith and trust in him.
Nobody told me the road would be easy. And I don’t believe He brought me this far to leave me. “Be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart” (Psalms 31:24).
Look back to thank Him Look forward trusting Him Look around to see how to serve Him Look up to praise Him.
Whenever times get hard, when you don’t know how you got wherever you are, let alone how you are going to make it out, out of the pain, out of the heartache, out of the terrible sorrow or situation you find yourself in, remember that God never built a staircase to nowhere. And you do what you can, He will do what you can’t.
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
“The value of consistent prayer is not that He will hear us, but that we will hear Him.”
“The elevator to success is out of order; you will have to use the stairs one step at a time.”
“For a journey of a thousand miles, start by taking a single step.”
1) You say, “It’s impossible.” God says, “All things are possible” (Luke 18:27)
2) You say, “I’m too tired.” God says, “I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28-30).
3) You say, “Nobody really loves me”. God says, “I love you” (John 3:16; 13:34).
4) You say, “I can’t go on”. God says, “My grace is sufficient for you” (1 Corinthians 12:9; Psalms 91:15).
5) You say, “I can’t figure things out”. God says, “I will direct your steps” (Proverbs 3:5-6).
6) You say, “I can’t do it”. God says, “You can do all things in me” (Philippians 4:13).
7) You say, “It’s not worth it”. God says, “We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28).
8) You say, “I can’t forgive myself”. God says, “I forgive you” (1 John 1:9; Romans 8:1).
9) You say, “I can’t manage”. God says, “I will supply all your needs” (Philippians 4:19).
10) You say, “I’m afraid”. God says, “I have not given you a spirit of fear”
(2 Timothy 1:7).
11) You say, “I’m always worried and frustrated”. God says, “Cast all your cares on me” (1 Peter 5:7).
12) You say, “I don’t have enough faith.” God says, “I have given everyone a measure of faith” (Romans 12:13).
13) You say, “I’m not smart enough”. God says, “I will give you wisdom” (1 Corinthians 1:30).
14) You say, “I feel all alone.” God says, “I will never leave you or forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5).
Therefore, beloved brethren and sisters in Christ, let us all try and have faith in the Lord and trust in Him, and he will put all our sorrows, troubles and sufferings behind us. With all joy, let us wait hopefully of having a share in that kingdom, when our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ, comes to set it up on the earth.
RUSSIA | Summer Bible School, Moscow, Russia
Brother Pavel (front, 2nd right) at 87 years of age made the 3 day journey from Siberia each way - an amazing example of devotion to the brotherhood
Bro Joseph Kwesi (Ghana)