1. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge (Proverbs 1:7). This shows that whenever we need to have knowledge like that of king Solomon, we should fear the Lord in all our endeavours.
2. The fear of the Lord really is the beginning of wisdom. There is no king or any other person in the little life I have lived who is anything like as wise as the king Solomon of the Bible.
As Christians, let us fear the Lord and we will have part of the wisdom described in Psalm 111:10.
3. The fear of the Lord is the fountain of life (Pro 14:27). If we wish to put our life in the strong fountain of life, that is the Lord Jesus, we must fear the Lord.
4. The fear of the Lord can prolong life (Pro 10:27).
5. The fear of the Lord is to obey God's word (1 Sam 15:22).
6. The fear of the Lord is to hate all evils (Pro 8:13).
7. The fear of the Lord is to run away from evil (Gen 39:12).
8. The fear of the Lord always leads to promotion (Gen 41:38-44; Ps 75:7).
These show that once you fear the Lord, all the dreams, visions, desires and plans will be achieved through our Lord, Master and Saviour Jesus Christ. As Peter did, let us cast our nets again in the sea, and we shall catch our fish as he did with the Lord's help.
Bro Nasongo Haron (Naitiri, Kenya)