When a woman is united to a man according to law, his name becomes hers and in acquiring the new name, she acquires also all that it legally imports. In the same manner, when a believer of the “things concerning the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ” is united with Christ according to “the law of faith”, the name of Christ becomes his. He or she becomes by adoption, a child of the eternal Father and a brother or sister of Jesus Christ (CHRISTOS EN ADELPHOS). In that act by which the Christ-Name comes upon the believer, he or she acquires access to all that the scripture describes (Luke 24:47; John 1:12, 13; 20:13, 17; Acts 2:38; 4:12; 10:43; 13:26, 38, 39; 1 John 2:12).
Christadelphians as the name implies are simply the brethren (and sisters) of Christ: “He is not ashamed to call them brethren” (Hebrews 2:11). We are a body of people associated together by a belief in “the things concerning the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ” (Acts 8:12), by immersion into Christ (Galations 3:18) for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38) and thereby taking part in his resurrection (Romans 6:5). We do not profess to have received any new revelation, but hold that the scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are able to make one wise unto salvation (2 Timothy 3:15-17). Believing in the divine authorship of the bibles, we think it is only reasonable to eschew any interpretation which fails to harmonise all the testimonies (Hebrews 2:10,11; Exodus 12:19; Deuteronomy 7:9-13; Luke 12:49, 50; 1 Corinthians 15:44, 50; Mark 16;15,16).
We believe in:
- One God, the Eternal Father, dwelling in Heaven, in light and glory inconceivable (yet covering everything)
- One universal irradiating Spirit, by which the Father fills all and knows all and when He will, performs all
- One Lord Jesus Christ, son of God,begotten by the spirit of Mary, filled therewith at his baptism, put to death for sin, raised from the dead for righteousness and exalted to the heavens as a MEDIATOR between God and man
- Man, a creature of the ground, under sentence of death because of sin, which is his great enemy – the devil
- Deliverance from death by bodily resurection and glorification at the coming of Christ and the inheritance of the Kingdom of God – offered to all on condition of the following:-
(a) Of believing the glad tidings of Christ’s accomplishments during his first appearing and of his coming manifestation in the earth as King of Israel and Ruler of the whole Earth and the setting-up of the Kingdom of God.
(b) Of being immersed in water for a union with His name, and redemption work
Bro. Sikolia Kapa (Tongaren, Kenya)